Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Revelation 2:12-29 (Tuesday)


Hello everyone and welcome back to Revelation chapter 2.  We left off with the second church so today we will start with the third church or verse 12.

To the Church in Pergamum

John starts all the sections with “these are the words of” and then some aspect of the angel so from now on I’m just going to skip that little bit but know that its there.  John writes “You stay true to my name even though you live in the city where Satan lives. But some of you follow Balaam, committing sexual sin and eating food that was sacrificed to idols. And others of you follow the teachings of the Nicolaitans.  (Enemy of the Angel).  The angel then tells them to repent or they will fight and anyone who can hear has to listen and those that listen will get manna and a white stone with a new name on it.”

To the Church in Thyatira

“I know that you have been more perseverant then before BUT, you tolerate Jezebel a so called “prophetess”.  She teaches sexual immorality and eating sacrificed food (Same sins as the church above).  I have given her time to repent but she won’t so anyone who commits adultery with her will suffer INTENSLY unless they repent and all of her kids will die.  Everyone will get repaid based on their deeds.(So if the things you did were bad you would be repaid bad)  Don’t listen to or believe Jezebel.  To him who overcomes they will rule with an iron scepter and bash the other nations to pieces.”

These churches so far, with the exception of the church in Smyrna, have all been examples of what not to do and if you do do ;) those things, how to repent and fix it. That is it for today and my internet isn’t working so I will post this as soon as it does, so sorry its late in advance. But take care, brush your hair. See ya later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today when I was reading I really liked verse 19:

“I know all the things you do. I have seen your love, your faith, your service, and your patient endurance. And I can see your constant improvement in all these things. (NLT)

I like this verse because it talks about how God knows everything about you and me! We can't hide anything from him because he sees it all!

Joe Hinkle said...

I liked what you said about God being able to see everything Jackie!

I liked how before the angel addresses each church, he says "To the angel of the church in ..." I thought this was really cool because this is talking about how there are angels and specifically angels in charge of certain churches. We do not seem them, but they are there.