Saturday, February 2, 2013

1 Corinthians 4


Today we are reading 1 Corinthians 4. 

Everyone is doing amazing in their reading and I think a lot of the comments people are posting are very interesting. Also thank you everyone for commenting on the blog and committing yourself to read your Bible daily. Reading the Bible is very important to do because you get very close to God. Also the Bible has all the answers to your deepest questions about life with God, so reading through the Bible helps answer them.

Verse 10 really stuck out to me. It says,     [10] "We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute. (ESV)

This verse means that we are fools in the world’s point of view for Christ's sake, but we are wise in Christ. That is a very important verse to know, because we have to remember that even when people are against your belief and when they think you are fools because you are a Christ follower, you still have to defend your faith because when the world thinks you’re a fool, God knows your wise.

4 comments:

Joe Hinkle said...

We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute.

That's really weird Brian because I read it before I read your post and that was my favorite verse in this chapter too. I liked it because it reminded me of that song "I may be weak, but your spirit's strong in me".

Wyatt McBride said...

Verses 1-7 talks about the fact that we all are not perfect. Our human qualities include judgement, and we do not know how to judge others fairly, yet we judge others because that is just what we do. The perfect person would be someone with the exact same judgement as God, and when that person comes into my life, that person would be my earthly role model. Those verses are telling us to not judge others, because it is not time to judge them, and when it is, God will judge them.

Evan McBride said...

I really liked vures 4 because it shows how jesus is perfict and no human can judge him, only God

Unknown said...

I really like what you said Brian about how the world may think that we are silly but God sees us and he knows that we are wise. Joe, I LOVE THAT SONG!!! :)I also like what you said Wyatt about how only God can judge us!

I really liked what verse 7 says:
For what gives you the right to make such a judgement? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift? (NLT)

This verse is good because it reminds us that our gifts are from God. He made us and gave us our gifts. We have nothing to do with that. We have to remember this and use our gifts to glorify God.