Sunday, February 10, 2013

1 Corinthians 11


We are reading 1 Corinthians 11

  24 - 26 talks about communion,    (24) and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is or you. Do this in remembrance of me. (25) In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." (26) For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

We do this in church every week. When you read this chapter it is important to remember what communion is about. It says in verse 25 this cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." This verse tells you to remember Jesus dyeing on the cross when you drink the wine (juice). Verse 26 says for as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. So this means that when you eat the bread and drink the wine, you need to make know the story of Jesus dying on the cross for you.

1 comment:

Wyatt McBride said...

I liked what you said Brian, I also liked those verses because as we take in the body of Jesus, we are respecting him, and we are opening our hearts to him, putting our trust in him.