Thursday, February 14, 2013

1 Corinthians 15

Good morning everyone and happy Valentines Day! Hope you all had a good time yesterday discussing 1 Corinthians as a group. We are reading Chapter 15 today.

My favorite verses were 9 - 10
" (9) For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. (10) But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me."

What Paul is saying in this verse is that since he persecuted Christians and killed them, he is the lowest of God's apostles, but since God's grace is so great, he is forgiven. I think that verse is very important to know because when you find someone that thinks they have done too many wrong things to get be saved by God and get to Heaven, you can use Paul as an example. He killed so many of God's people and still God forgave him and gave him a chance. I have met several people who think there is no chance for them, but now you can use Paul as a perfect example. 

1 comment:

Nathan Coupleton said...

O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? ” For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:55-57 NLT)
This verse states how death has no victory because Jesus conquered it! I don't need to fear anything save the LORD who is more powerful than death