Tuesday, February 12, 2013

1 Corinthians 13


Today we are reading 1 Corinthians chapter 13

This chapter talks all about love. My favorite verses in this chapter were 4 - 7

           (4) Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant (5) or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; (6) it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. (7) Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.

These verses talk about what love is and what love is not. Verse 4 says love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant. This verse is very self-explanatory, but it is very important because it tells us to not boast or be envy but instead love each other. Verse 5 says that love is not arguing and trying to have your own way. Verse 6 says It does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. That means that love does not rejoice in wrong stuff, but it rejoices in good stuff.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this chapter! There was so many great things I learned.

I will just say a few things because I am going to be late! :(

Verse 7:
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (NLT)

I like this verse because it talks about how love will overcome everything! If there is something going on that is hard we just have to remember that God loves us so much that he sent his one and only son here to die for us.

Verse 13:
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. (NLT)

I like this verse because it talks about how love will last forever. This is because God loves us. God sent his one and only son. Because God loves there will always be love in the world.

Anonymous said...

A lot of weddings use this chapter, but it can be used with friendships and family too. I think it's self-explanatory as Brian says, but it's also hard to really do it.

Wyatt McBride said...

I liked the whole chapter, but I thought verses 1-3 says that you don't gain anything when you don't love, and verses 4-7 says that when you do things with love, you should rejoice, because you did something without gaining nothing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Wyatt. I think that when you're friends with someone you're kind and patient and all that stuff, not because you want them to do that stuff back to you--but because Christ tells us to do that stuff.

It's like not expecting anything from another person--just being loving because it's what you do as a follower of Christ.

Usually, that will end up with better relationships.

Sometimes it doesn't work that way and you have to step back, but you still do that with kindness and patience.

Cool

Evan McBride said...

I liked verse 7 because it talks about how love will never die.

Tim Rayborn said...

A wise woman always tells me to "Love the unlovable". That wise woman is my wife, Michelle. I think that sometimes she is talking about her love for me. Mr. Tim

Unknown said...

(NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

We often see these couple of verses. But if you look at them and think through it, then you notice that when you try to love someone... for example, one of my brothers was trying to annoy me. I just kept loving them and doing the right thing. I was being patian, kind, ect. and i noticed that loving someone is harder than you think it is. We usaly think loving is just caring for somebody. there is much more than just caring for somebody. you need to do all of the things that are listed in verses 4-7. That is real love!
BOOM!

Unknown said...

oops wrong account