Monday, November 5, 2012

John 8

Hey Impact Students! This is where we will probably start discussing John or any other books we read in the future, since some of us don't have facebooks.

Week 2 of reading through John. John 8 is the chapter today. Before you read the Bible try to pray a little bit for God to reveal stuff to you, and to open up your heart and mind. This always helps me be able to focus more on my Bible reading.
This website has really good insight on how to read the Bible.
Once  you read just comment what you learned 

It won't let me comment since I made the blog sooo This is what I learned:
In John 7:8 Jesus said, "he who is without sun throw the first stone." This verse really convicted me to stop condemning people that sin because I am not sinless and Jesus who is will take care of it.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light
of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12 ESV) I liked this verse too. It's very hard not to trip when you're walking in a dark room, but when it's light you really have to try to trip. When You are close to Jesus, He shows you where you should and shouldn't go, by lighting your path. However even when your path is lit up you still have to remove obstacles in your way.

4 comments:

Nathan Coupleton said...

OH nevermind actually I can comment :D

Maria Devita said...

John 8:29 And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.”

This verse reminds me that God will never abandon us he is always there for me no matter where I am and what I do. His love is perfect!

Taylor Rayborn said...

John 8:2 says, "Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them." This verse reminds me that If I will only go to God by either prayer or reading his word He will help me and teach me the way He desires me to live. Maria I love that verse. It also shows us that God is always with us and he wants to help us in our journey but we're the ones who push him away from us or disobey Him. And Nathan that is so true and when Jesus says in verse 11, "Neither do I condem you; go and from now on sin no more." If Jesus didn't condemn this woman who had obviously sinned then we have no right to even have the thought of condeming someone cross our mind since we, unlike Jesus, are sinners by nature.

Abby MacIver said...

Just seeing if this works