Saturday, November 10, 2012

John 13 has answered a question that I have had for a very long time. There are SO many churches in North Carolina. I have always wondered two things: What makes a church on track for God different? and what makes Impact church different? Joe, Brian, my dad, and I are together reading John 13. John 13:34-35 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. At most churches since we do not listen to Jesus' guideline, new comers do not see the love Jesus showed us, being shown by us to each other. We don't make it our job to know everyone's name, or at least as many as we can, we always leave an empty seat in between us and the next person. We show up when the service starts and leave when it ends, never having time to love on our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. That's not the vision Jesus has for any church. That's not the vision Jesus has for Impact church! What needs to make Impact church different from other churches, and showing to the world that we are different, that Christ has truly changed us, is our love for one another. John 13 is amazing! God is amazing! comment about all that God shows you today! John 13:35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. At southbrook it was very cliquy and i know for girls that really turned them off to youth because they felt unwanted. I will try my hardest to prevent ever making anyone feel rejected and love them the way christ loves me.~abby<3

Nathan Coupleton said...

One thing I just noticed while thinking about John was that Jesus washed all the disciples feet, even Judas'. I think that is so amazing because Jesus knew Judas was going to betray him. Since Jesus can stoop low enough to serve the man that betrayed Him, then we definitely can serve even the people that have hurt us the most!

Joe Hinkle said...

So today was pretty amazing. Brian and I got to go through John 13 together with Nathan and Pastor Rob. After a hard week, being with these three has really made me realize what I've been missing out on. The past few days I've missed some exciting scripture because I would tell myself I didn't have the time for it or I had to study for school. Immediately when I got home today, I went over and read what I've missed. So hopefully I will be able to stay strong and keep these comments up.

So John 13. A lot happened here. Verses 1-20 was the main focus this morning in our Bible study. Jesus, the single most honorable man in the entire world, stoops down and washes the disciples feet. But why? Even Peter in verse 9 says "You shall never wash my feet." He said this because he couldn't allow the creator of the universe to serve him. He know he was below God and if anything, Peter should be washing Jesus's feet, not the other way. So why does Jesus wash the disciples feet? Well before the supper, the disciples had been arguing on who they thought was the most important. What better way to give the lessen of humility than to see the most worthy person in the world perform the task of low servants. If Jesus can wash someone's feet anyone else can. We as Christians shouldn't look as some jobs as lower than us. No job is too low, and Jesus gives the perfect example of how we should humble ourselves.

Nathan Coupleton said...

Way to go on catching up Joe! That was an amazing Bible study we had! I'm still praying that you will be able to find time to read your Bible and it looks like God answered that prayer! Cya at church!