Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hebrews 3

Hebrews 3 is one of my favorite chapters of the Bible, because it speaks so directly into my life. 

Remember what it says: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled.” (Hebrews 3:15 NLT)
V. 15 says WHEN you hear God's voice. God speaks into all of our lives everyday in big and small ways. He tells us how to live all out and serve Him. Usually when God tells me this stuff though, I turn a dead ear an don't listen. This verse lets me know it is wrong to ignore the voice of God. 

Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. (Hebrews 3:12 NLT)

V. 12 it was weird for me to think that your heart can try to keep you away from God. This verse definitely hit home to me because I know the desires of my heart are more often than not, not the things of God, I need to ask God to create a clean heart in me that's not full of sinful passions. 

The last verse that stuck out to me was v. 13
You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. (Hebrews 3:13 NLT)
It's really hard to follow God. You definitely need someone in your life to keep you legit in your walk with God. God's put lots of these people in my life like my dad, Conrad and Drew. I really need people warning me cuz I get off track faster than a 
Twinkie at a weight watchers convention. Well that's all for now. See ya at the BS chick Fil a 6:30

1 comment:

Joe Hinkle said...

Those are all great verses you picked out. I had a few I really liked.

3For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses-as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself. 4(For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.)
Hebrews 3:3-4

I especially loved the second part of these verses because it reminds me of the apologetics conference. It basically says that every house (or everything) must have a builder, and if you keep going back to find who built what, you end up with God, the builder of all things. This reminded me of the example of the chain links which each are dependent on the one above to float. Haha I wonder if anyone else remembers this.

Can't wait for Chickfila tonight to dig into this.