Sunday, December 23, 2012

Romans 7

We have made it through our first week of Romans! Thank you everyone who has commented! I hope everyone is learning a lot!

The first part of Romans 7 talks about how we can only try to reach God when we are alive. We can't do anything when we are dead. That is why we must do everything we can to bring glory to his name while we are alive! Have you ever done anything for God? What did you do and how did you feel afterwords? 

Then it talks about how God's law shows us what we should and should not do. It says: Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law has not said, "You must not covet." (Romans 7: 7 NLT). Have you ever heard a law and realized that if no would of told you about the law you would of broken it?

The third part of Romans 7 talks about how we as humans are slaves to sin. We can't help it we are going to sin, there is nothing we can do about it. (18) And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right but I can't. (19) I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. (20) But if I do what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7:18-20 NLT). Then it talks about how there is something inside of us that makes it hard for us to do the right thing. Have you ever found it really hard to do the right thing? What made it so hard?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's easy to do the right thing when you don't have to sacrifice to do it. But when it means giving up something you really wanted, tuts when you get tested. Every time you sacrifice it gets easier the next time`