Thursday, April 18, 2013

Abraham and Isaac

Hey Impact Students! Today the blog is about Abraham being told by God to sacrifice his son Isaac. If your doing this on phone or computer, here is a link to the Scripture.
https://www.youversion.com/bible/59/gen.22.esv
Once you read this please write what the LORD reveals to you in the comments.
Here are some discussion questions for this chapter.
Has God ever tested your faith? How?
Personaly, God has tested my faith many times and unlike Abraham I haven't always passed. Sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit nudging me to witnesss and I say, "That's not God, Its just my emotions" when I know that it really is God. However, sometimes I do witness for God and the LORD blesses those times.
What did the story of Abraham and Isaac teach you about God and yourself?
This story taught me that God rewards great faith in Him.
How has God been gracious to you?
One small example is when I got a bad sickness He healed me instead of making me endure it.
And the final question:

What's one thing that God might be calling you to sacrifice in your life right now?

This is a really big question for me, because I know God wants me to give up tv, and video games so I can spend my time with Him and doing useful stuff. Unless you've given your life completely to GOd there is something you should give up. I challenge you to share what it is so others can help you be accaoutible to give that thing up.

Happy B-Day Taylor Ray born! See you guys Sunday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today this really stood out to me:

Verse 2:
He said, "Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you."

God told Abraham to do something that he knew would be hard for him to do. When I think about this and some of the study questions I wounder what God wants me to "sacrifice" to him or the give up to him. The truth is I am not all the way sure... I know that I don't tell enough people about God so that is something I need to spend some of my time doing.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I need to give my fears of what the person will think of me or if I will offend them to God. I need to realize that this person needs to hear the story of God and if they are getting offended it's because they needed to hear it! Once I do this God will take control and he will help me through this thing I am uncomfortable with. :)

Anonymous said...

So do you think Abraham knew God would spare Isaac's life? I always wondered about that.