Friday, December 14, 2012

Acts 26

Good morning everyone! Acts 26 is really awesome because it is about Paul giving his defense to king Agrippa and you will see that Agrippa even says that he is almost convinced to become a Christian.

Paul is given a chance to give his defense to king Agrippa. Notice that Paul breaks his testimony into three parts:
  - Who he was (v. 11)
  - What happened to change him (v. 13)
  - Who he is NOW (v. 20)
Paul in the middle of his testimony is interrupted by Festus who says, "You are out of your mind, Paul!" (v. 24) Paul replies by addressing the kng. Agrippa even says he is almost convinced to be a Christian! At the end of the defense, the king says to Festus, "This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar." Paul's obedience to Jesus resulted in a trial very similar to Jesus' trail. How has your obedience to Jesus resulted in similarities to Jesus' experience? How has Christ brought light into your life? How can you pass on that light to someone else this week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good questions Joe. I like how Paul opens the conversation by simply telling him his own story. He wasn't preaching at him but he was telling King Agrippa about his own conversion story. God will give us opportunities all the time if we would just open our eyes. God will work on the others, we just need to tell our story of how Jesus saved us.

We are also in need of some volunteers to hand out fliers for youth this weekend. I know alot of you are volunteering for the Christmas play so if you aren't we could use your enthusiasm! Have a great Friday!
Thanks, Mr. Tim

Maria said...

I could hand the fliers out next weekend!
Verse: Acts 26:29
Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”

This verse really caught my attention because I know a few people who don't know Christ and see my family and I walk in his ways! They always want to be with us because when they are around they feel a sense of peace in our life! My uncle doesn't follow Christ and I hope one day god will open his eyes, but over the years I have seen him wonder and try to follow Christ but something just keeps getting in his way! Just like Paul was saying, if its a short time or a long time as long as people come to know Christ that's all that matters!